Did you forgot your Linksys WRT120N Wi-fi password? or your router log-in password? or did you mess up the router setting and no other choose but to hard reset the router? luckily your linksys WRT120N router reset button is not working! No matter how many times you press and hold the reset button the router just wont reset.
The problem is your Linksys WRT120N router have an old firmware. Your only solution here is to upgrade your router firmware, you can download here and then follow this steps.(note: this solution is useful if your reset button is not working)
- Power ON the router while holding the reset button. (the router boots but just the power LED is on) now, connect the UTP cable to port #1 (notice that the LED for port #4 is on)
- After 30 to 60 seconds open a web browser and type in the address bar 192.168.1.1 to connect to router bootloader.
- Then a router bootloader will appear that allows you to upload a new firmware. Navigate to the location of the latest firmware you download and click upload, wait for 1 to 2 minutes then restart the router using the restart button present on the same page(or turn OFF then ON the router)
- When it is fully up press and hold the reset button for 5 sec and the LED flash.
- Power OFF the router then power ON and your router is now reset to factory default.