If you encounter a problem or an error like "Ink absorber is full" or Error Code 27 or "Error Code 5B00". Its mean that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink wastepad replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP (all in one) printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon MP (All in One) printer.
Please follow the step by step procedure to reset your Canon Pixma MX318 Printer
- Turn off the Printers.
- Press and Hold the "Stop/Reset" button then press POWER button.
- Release the "Stop/Reset" button while keeping POWER button on press.
- Press "Stop/Reset" 2 times and then release all the buttons.
- Note: If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the "Service Mode".
- Press the "Stop/Reset" button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM - Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
- After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer. Or unplug the printer to turn off.
- On the Canon Pixma MX318 Printers, And your done!
Warning: Getting rid of the error message won’t change that you might end up with ink leaking out of the printer if you don’t either replace or clean the ink wastepad.